Day to Day Cue Maintenance 球杆的日常养护
1. Always keep your cue in a good quality case (ideally a rigid box type), when not in use do not leave the cue leaning in a corner. Do not store cue and case near to a heat source (near a radiator or direct sunlight).
2. Do not leave cue in a car boot as it is hot during the day and cold and damp at night, rapid temperature and humidity changes are bad for the cue.
3. During play, if the cue becomes sticky, wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth and buff dry immediately. Never sandpaper the cue, this removes the protective sealer on the shaft leaving bare wood and also gradually wears away the cue shaft.
4. Occasionally, (3-6 months depending on the amount you play) treat the cue with raw linsead oil. Wipe cue down with a damp cloth and dry. (If cue is very dirty, mild detergent can be used) do not use to much water or this can cause the cue to swell. Apply oil onto cue with a cloth or paper towel, leave overnight to soak in, buff cue with a clean cloth until smooth and dry and no residue is visible on clean cloth. Then wipe with damp cloth and dry and buff.
5. If cue is jointed, occasionally clean brass faces of joint with very fine wire wool (00-00 grade). Dirt or grease on the faces of joint can effect the contact when striking cue ball.